BE, ME, MIPENZ, CPEng, IntPE(NZ), APEC Engineer
Don has 30+ years of post-graduate experience in civil engineering. This includes:
- post graduate research into the seismic performance of structural walls;
- experience in civil & structural engineering of railway bridges & culverts and railway traction structures;
- civil structures including road & pedestrian bridges, retaining walls & wharves;
- structural & seismic engineering for commercial structures including high rise buildings; industrial structures, warehouses, power plants, prisons;
- design of pressure vessels, cranes, process piping, vibration and finite element analysis;
- wind farm haul road, swept path analysis, structure load rating and turbine foundation design;
- offshore platform design for the oil and gas industry;
- procurement of engineering components and materials, including offshore specification ,quality assurance and bidding;
- research and design of wind turbine foundations systems and wind farm construction program optimization; and
- research into structural cost optimization modeling with material waste mitigation and synergizing with structural efficiency.
Don has worked on a variety of construction projects throughout New Zealand, Australia, the Americas and in Asia throughout his career, collaborating with many architectural practices and other consultant disciplines to successfully deliver construction projects. His depth of experience in civil and structural engineering provides an invaluable contribution to projects, including excellent knowledge of design management, project management, contract management and construction supervision requirements.